Today I will show you how to add product reviews from your site or 3rd party websites to your Google Adwords advertising in 3 simple steps.
Step 1 : Login and go to your Campaign.
The first step is to login to your Google Adwords account and to select the campaign and ad group.
Step 2 : Select reviews inside your ad extension
Inside your top layer tabs, you will find Settings, Ads, Keywords, Ad extensions and Dimensions.
- Select Ad extensions
Underneath the tabs you will find inside the first drop down menu named View: …..
Select the option Review extension
Step 3 : Adding reviews
Click on the red button + extension
To add a new review click on + review, a popup will appear with requesting you to fill out some details.
Now you can start filling out some details.
- Select a paraphrase or an exact quote
- The paraphrase is a shortened reworded version of the original review, make sure when rephrasing your review that the original information is intact
- An exact quote is a direct copy of the text.
- The text has limited space and most likely you would want to paraphrase the review, be careful that the following field Source is calculated with the text as a total character count length of 67
- The source is the title of the 3rd party websites name, so in this case Trustpilot.com the source will be Trustpilot. Any other names will void the review.
- The link must be linked directly to the reviewed source, and not just the website.
My reviews are not showing
Sometimes it can happen that your reviews are not showing on your ads, here is a list of reasons why reviews are not added to your Google Ads.
- Using individual personal reviews (not from a publication/organization)
- Repeating your business name in the review text
- Not including the year for an annual award
- Using an exact quote with incorrect ellipses (…).
- Using a review that’s over a year old
- Not taking the review directly from the original source
- Using press releases
- Changing the review from original (e.g. adding exclamation marks)
Other articles you might find usefull
- Google Merchant Image Violation
- Google Merchant Custom Products
- Google Merchant (Shopping) SEO Tips and Tricks
- Google Merchant How To Setup A Live XML Data Feed With MySql and PHP
- Why Google Shopping Is Effective
- Google Shopping product url / landing page
- How to improve your Google shopping product images
- Google Shopping setting up seller / product reviews